""..Psychic Abilities.."" by Celmisia
Categories: Original Stories, Anime & Manga, Books, Gaming
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You
Description: The term "Psychic" has always intrigued me and as I kept on researching about it, I decided to issue this as a challenge.
I want you to write about your character experiencing psychic abilites or how he/she began experiencing them and how they are dealing with life and the people around them. Simple.
Take my idea....
It can be in a world where not many people believe those abilites and torment those who know their secret. The outside world must not know about the gift that has been brought upon your character. But in order to help those who need her/him, He or she must use their abilities and foretell the truth of the world. ---(If you don't like my idea, you may use whatever you please as long as it follows the challenge)
1. Can be a chaptered story; whatever you desire.
2. Any genre is fine.
3. You can use OC's or any character within the categories listed above.
4. Pairing is optional.
5. Can be in any order you wish.
6. If writing a one-shot, it must be between 1000 or more words.
7. As always, no Yaoi or Yuri allowed.
Might as well write one.
Anways, here are some lists of the abilities.
1. Astral Projection - The ability to leave one's body and travel in spirit to another location.
2. Aura Reading - The ability to see the energy fields that emanate from living beings. Psychic ability can often reveal itself throught the seeing of auras.
3. Automatic Writing - Writing through the subconscious mind without conscious thought, or through the guidance of an outside intelligence.
4. Channeling - Associated with mediums, this is the ability to act as a channel or vessel for an outside intelligence.
5. Clairaudience - Put simply, this type of ability is used to hear what is "inaudible". For example, someone with this ability could be a thousand miles way and "hear" a loved one's cry of distress.
6. Clairvoyance - Usually confused with Precognition, this ability actually has much more in common with "Remote Viewing", True clairvoyance is not the abilitly to see into the future, but the psychic ability to see visions of that which is hidden or far away.
7. Clairsentience - In this instance the psychic has an insight or "knowing" of and a hidden or forgotten fact.
8. Divination - A broad term that includes fortune telling, precognition, prophesy, and other methods used in an effort to predict the future.
9. Dowsing - Also known as "water witching", dowsing involves the use of a rod, sticks, or pendulum to locate water or lost objects.
10. Empathy - The talent to sense the needs, drives, and emotions of another. As with Aura Reading, psychic ability can often reveal itself through the development of empathy.
11. E.S.P. - Extra Sensory Perception is the awareness of information about events external to the psychic that are not gained through the senses and not deducible from previous experience. Often used to describe clairvoyance, precognition, telepathy, etc...
12. Intuition - Similar to clairsentience, this is the power or faculty of attaining direct knowledge or cognition without rational thought or inference.
13. Levitation - The ability to cause one's body to hover off the ground. One of the more well-documented cases of levitation involved St. Theresa of Avila during the 16th century.
14. Mind Over Body - Suppressing or mentally satisfying the need for water, food, or sleep. There is some debate over whether this is actually a psychic ability since many of those who are associated with this trait (monks, yogis, mystics, etc...) are not generally called "psychics".
15. Precognition - Quite simply, "knowing the future". However, since time is a dynamic construct, no one psychic can ever know every detail about the future. Usually this ability refers to knowing general outcomes of specific courses of action, with occasional flashes of detailed insight.
16. Psychometry - Also known as "object reading", psychometry enables a psychic to pick up on psychic impressions (vibrations) left on an object by someone connected with it. Someone with this ability could use an unfamiliar object to reveal much about its owner.
17. Pyrokinesis - The ability to start fires with one's mind.
18. Telekinesis - Also known as psychokinesis, the ability to move objects with one's mind.
19. Telepathy - The ability to communicate mind-to-mind with another.
20. Transfiguration: A spirit superimposes its face on the medium's face, and those in the room can see the visible characteristics of a deceased person's face
NOTE: If you are planning to use an ability that I have not listed here on this list, you may message me.
Posted: 06/03/10 | Deadline: None
This website is solely for non-profit entertainment purposes only. No profits are being made from this website whatsoever. All fan fiction represented in this archive are © their respective owners and/or authors. All original works are © their respective authors. No reproduction of the written works in this archive is permitted without prior consent of their respective authors. All Rights Reserved. Icons used on this site are from famfamfam.com. Protected by Spam Poison Bleach, Ichigo are © Studio Pierrot, TV Tokyo, Dentsu, and Tite Kubo.