"Ｓａｄｏｍａｃｈｏｃｈｉｓｍ" by mz hyde
Categories: Anime & Manga, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV
Characters: Original Character(s), Reader, Various
1. interaction, esp. sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.
2. gratification, esp. sexual, gained through inflicting or receiving pain; sadism and masochism combined.
Sadomasochism (often abbreviated S&M or S/M) is not only for sexual play, but it's also a form of art as well. Intercourse doesn't always happen when it comes to an S&M relationship. Most of the gratification can come from the sadomasochistic play, but intercourse does play a value part in it, in a way. Some believe sadomasochism to be a disease of some sort. That isn't true, at least in my opinion. Sadomasochism has been around for ages! Longer then I can count. People just refuse to accept it.
If you aren't sure about Sadomasochism, then I suggest you do your homework. There are plenty of websites out there that explain what this beautiful creation is about and probably a few books as well, if you are brave.
I have two separate challenges for this particular theme. One that will require either writing experience or personal experience (which I find the last one highly unlikely) to challenge your writing capabilities--or none, if you want to challenge yourself anyway-- and the other that may seem fairly easy. You'll get to choose which one you want to do.
Let's get rolling.
Challenge #1 Leeway
This will challenge your capability of writing this theme. It's quite simple, really.
Choose a character from your favorite series (or just a favorite character in general). Either pair him or her up with a counterpart of the opposite sex and somehow, using your creative imagination, put them into a S&M relationship; with your favorite character either dominant or submissive and the counterpart the opposite. There is a downfall to this. Not all characters are sadomasochism material. So choose the character carefully! If you think this type of thing isn't for them, then don't put them in it.
However. There is an upside to this. If your favorite character is not dominant material or not quite S&M material, then have your counterpart character seduce that character. After all, seduction is an art, no?
Basically. You gotta come up with a plot. Yes, sex is all good and does add well to the S&M environment, but plot is a requirement. Thus, it shall challenge you.
- Character MUST be In Character. It's not really hard to do.
- Pairing can be canon, original character, or reader insert. Bonus for the latter two. =]
- Be creative!
- Be as realistic as you can possibly be, but you don't HAVE to be.
- Can be a oneshot or a series. No drabbles. You want to be as descriptive as possible with this sort of theme. =3
There is no text limit. As I said, you want to be as descriptive as possible with this sort of theme. Yet, not TOO descriptive. Gotta be just right~.
Challenge #2 The Easy Way
This challenge may be easier for you. This challenge is based on prompts.
Same that is above applies here, but no plot necessarily required. Neither does the "no text limit". They can be drabbles if you want.
Mm. Not very good prompts, but I was trying to be creative and not use the same word over and over. These may be much easier for you. If not, then try Challenge #1. =3
Reviews & Grading
Don't know if this is allowed or not, but I'm gonna post it anyway.
This is a requirement. Just for you. It's completely optional if your readers decide to do this or not, since there are some that aren't too familiar with this sort of theme.
Ask your readers to Grade your S&M performance in the fic. They are still allowed to review of how GREAT it was, but this is to challenge them to see how well you did in this sort of theme. Don't worry. I'll be grading too, regardless of what series it is. x3
The grade scale is from A to D--you can add the plus (+) or (-) signs in there as well. There is no "F" because in some countries "F" doesn't really exsist. o_o Or something. I can't remember.
Overall Rules & Requirements + Bonuses...
- Characters must be IN CHARACTER. No exception.
- S&M can be brutal or just as it is. Either way, it is accepted.
- No Yuri or Yaoi. Sorry. As much as I love my Yuri, I want this to be heterosexual only.
- Can be a oneshot or a series. No drabbles (exception for Challenge #2). You want to be as descriptive as possible.
- Be creative! Research! It will help.
- Bonus to those that make the counterpart character the dominant one of the relationship.
- Major bonus to those that make the counterpart character "top from below". =3
- Double Bonus if you make a Collection for Challenge #1. x3
- If you respond to this challenge, please put in your summary that you responded to it. =3 Thank you!
Posted: 01/22/11 | Deadline: None
This website is solely for non-profit entertainment purposes only. No profits are being made from this website whatsoever. All fan fiction represented in this archive are © their respective owners and/or authors. All original works are © their respective authors. No reproduction of the written works in this archive is permitted without prior consent of their respective authors. All Rights Reserved. Icons used on this site are from famfamfam.com. Protected by Spam Poison Bleach, Ichigo are © Studio Pierrot, TV Tokyo, Dentsu, and Tite Kubo.