Paypal temporarily disabled
"Lyrical Vignettes" by HatedLove6
Categories: Original Stories, Anime & Manga, Books, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV, Miscellaneous
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Various
Description: This challenge is set to tell a story or scene of the chosen song through description. The goal is to show the audience what is happening without directly describing the characters themselves, giving them an identity, or telling the audience what is happening. It's to provide the practice of showing, not telling, and the songs are just to give you the story or scene that you need to describe.
Which Songs to Choose:
You can choose one of the four choice list, or you can do more than one. If you do decide to do more than one of these lists, and the same song pops up, you don't have to write a separate piece for the same song. "Songs" does not include audiobooks, audio-poetry, poetry, or stand-up comedy even if it is a song. If you don't have a song for the specific letter, then leave the space open until you do find a song, or you don't have to do it.
A. The first song in each letter of the alphabet.
B. A song of your choosing in each letter of the alphabet.
C. Put your MP3 on shuffle, and write down the first song starting with "A". As soon as you've written the song for "A" down, keep pushing next until you see a song starting with the letter "B", and keep going until you reach "Z".
D The list to your Top 25 Most Played.
1. Obviously, proper spelling and grammar is a must.
2. For the songs, no audiobooks, audio-poetry, poetry, or stand-up comedy even if it is a song.
3. You can put in a couple lines from the song in, but unless it is weaved in to actually take part in the description, it won't count in the wordcount. For example, the lines can take place in the thoughts and that would count. If you just stick in a verse like a song-fic, which I highly discourage but wont disallow in this challenge,it won't count.
4. I don't mind any sexual orientation, so any homosexualism, pansexualism, asexualism, etc. is allowed; however if the song is genderspecific, please keep to the gender. For example, "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry is obviously about two women who kissed, but you can take it to another angle, like the boyfriend who saw his girlfriend kiss another girl. Or, if the song is about a serial killer, the serial killer will have specific preferences.
5. No second person perspective! Only third or first.
6. The vignette has to at least be 100 words, but no more than 200.
7. Do not give the characters an identity through nameing, looks, style, or anything that could be recognizable through visual description.
8. Thoughts and inner-monologues are fine, but no extensive dialogue. Small pieces of dialogue are fine, just not more than one short sentence at a time. You're at a short word limit, so don't waste it on dialogue, especially since the point of this challenge is description.
1. Putting the song and band/singer in the author notes, or putting the title of the song as the title of the vignette.
2. Also in the author notes, write what kind of feeling, or setting you were going for, and see if others agree if they felt that way.
3. If the vignette is part of another series (fanfiction) please state from what in the summary. Since the characters' identity will be for the most part hidden, some of the audience may not be able to tell which character you are telling the story or scene from.
Posted: 02/06/12 | Deadline: None
This website is solely for non-profit entertainment purposes only. No profits are being made from this website whatsoever. All fan fiction represented in this archive are © their respective owners and/or authors. All original works are © their respective authors. No reproduction of the written works in this archive is permitted without prior consent of their respective authors. All Rights Reserved. Icons used on this site are from famfamfam.com. Protected by Spam Poison Bleach, Ichigo are © Studio Pierrot, TV Tokyo, Dentsu, and Tite Kubo.