Paypal temporarily disabled
"20 Sweet Treats" by PumpkinSpice2891
Categories: Original Stories, Anime & Manga, Books, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV, Poetry & Song, Real Person, Miscellaneous
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Various
Description: Create a series of oneshots based on the following treats:
3. Hot Chocolate
4. Pumpkin Pie
9. Pie (other than pumpkin)
10. Ice Cream
11. Fruit Salad
13. Soda Pop
18. Sugar Cubes
19. Jelly Beans
Rules and Bonus Points
1. Must be at least 200 words, or more, in length.
2. No reader insert.
3. Prompts can be done in any order you like.
4. Pairings are strongly encouraged.
5. Any characters and OCs are acceptable.
6. Yaoi and yuri are also acceptable.
7. The story may have a "citrusy" theme, but it can NOT be a lemon!
8. You may add more to the list or do a category more than once, if you would like.
9. For generic categories (ie. "pie", "cake", "cookies", etc., you are required to specify what kind/flavor of treat is is/they are.
10. Please label as a response to this challenge within your summary.
"What? We're being GRADED?!" No, not quite. I will be awarding points to your story based on things like how well the specified treat relates to your plot, your originality, sentence structure and grammer, etc. But, I will be awarding BONUS POINTS to those who include any of the following:
1. One or more of the sweets mentioned is in the process of being baked or prepared for the duration of the story... (+1)
1A. By the two characters in your pairing who wind up having a conversation that either... (+1)
1Ai. Leads to the characters kissing or confirming their feelings for one another, (+1)
1Aii. Leads to insecurity/shy affection without either of the characters admitting their feelings or knowing the feelings of the other, or (+1)
1Aiii. Leads to a food fight (that can lead to 1Ai) (+1)
1B. By one of the two characters in the pairing as he/she reflects on their feelings towards the other. (+1)
1Bi. This character is the male (or more masculine of the pair, in the case of yaoi/yuri) of the pairing (because what woman can resist a sensitive man that likes to cook? ^^) (+2)
2. In regards to prompt #12, if there is chocolate dip involved. (How more romantic can you get than chocolate-covered strawberries?) (+1)
3. If your characters STRONGLY DISLIKE or HATE each other, food poisoning may be included, for a twist. (+1)
4. If the food is served/prepared for a holiday (ie. Candy=candy corn for Halloween, Cookies=cookies for Santa on Christmas). Give us some festive, holiday fun! (+1) (+2 if you get your story out there before that holiday!)
Posted: 11/05/09 | Deadline: None