|Member Profile: Pendragon
Join Date: 05/06/08
Last Logged In: 05/16/14
Will check for:
- Canon Elements
- Overall Impression
Category: No preference
About my services: 1. I will cover most categories as a beta reader, and in doing so, can help with spelling and grammar.
2. I require patience because I am both busy and dyslexic, so it may take me a little longer to read over something; I don't want to miss any vital details.
3. Only on a very few select stories can I give tips on what is in or out of character. Slightly more often than that, though, I can attempt to help you resolve plot conflict.
4. Making suggestions is hard for me to do when I don't know who will take suggestions well and who wont, but my policy is to never be rude or offend. Therefore I often find it easier to be sociable when I help in editing, rather than to just edit and hand back.
5. I like people to know that I take beta reading seriously, and I do make a very honest effort to do it well, so bear this in mind.
6. I state this now: I am not perfect, but I am willing to help.
7. I also know that nobody else is perfect either, so when I do make mistakes, please bear in mind that we're all human and deviate from the ideal template at some point.
8. Even though I don't mind beta reading, I do require time to do it. I may or may not be able to give you a rough estimate on how long it will take, but consider the fact that I am busy with my own life and cannot always cater to other people.
9. Please be nice to me. If you can't do that, please don't ask me to beta read. I will not want to do it and likely won't.
My terms of service so far. If you have any questions, please ask! I'll answer as best I can.
Will not read: I don't mind beta reading lemons or limes of any sexual nature, but overdoing it is just overdoing it. You should know when there is a serious overabundance of sexual content, and if you feel that what you've written conflicts with my terms, please consider what I'm saying. If you're in doubt, ask me, and I can attempt to clarify.