It’s June and we here at Lunaescence hope you’ve been staying cool and enjoying your summer. For this month’s announcements we’ve got a lot of news to cover, including more details on the Revamp to come and an update on the site’s Fundraiser.
The nomination theme for June was "Fun in the Sun." Congratulations to the nominee, phoenixrebirth88.
by phoenixrebirth88 (Gundam Wing, 17+)
July's featured story theme is one everyone can get behind: "Underappreciated Faves."
This month’s theme is all about nominating a story you think deserves more appreciation. To nominate a work to be featured on next month’s announcements, head over to the forum thread.
This month’s featured challenge is "Summertime Sensations." For this challenge, we want you to write a piece that embodies the season of Summer. This includes, but is not limited to: Imagery, Relationships, and Narratives. More details on this prompt can be found in the forum thread.
This month’s DEV Blog
post covers a wealth of topics regarding Lunaescence, including the Revamp, the Fundraiser, and planned improvements. A highlight of the post is included below.
• Behind the Scenes
– A brief look at some of the things that have happened behind-the-scenes in the past months.
• Current Affairs
– An update on active Moderators and discussion of current site plans.
• The Revamp
– Why a complete Revamp as opposed to other routes? The process behind deciding on the Revamp is discussed, alongside reveals of proposed features and improvements. How will it look? What can users expect? Answers to those questions, and more, can be found under the corresponding section on the post. You can also follow @LunaescenceDev
on Twitter for updates pertaining directly to the revamp.
• The Fundraiser
– We will be closing out the Fundraiser by the end of 2019. What this means for Lunaescence, as well as target dates for shipping, are covered in the ‘Fundraiser’ portion of the post.
• Going Forward
– We believe there’s always ways to learn and grow. In this section, we outline some of the positive changes and improvements we’re working on to benefit Lunaescence. Whether that be better organization behind-the-scenes, to more documentation on site policies, story warnings, and Queue standards—we’re committed to insuring Lunaescence becomes the best place for writers to learn and grow.
• Volunteer 4 Luna
– Ahead of the Revamp, we will be accepting applications for Volunteers. Would you like to help shape the future of Lunaescence? We sure hope you do! More information can be found on the post.
To view the post in full, please head over to the post on Lunaescence’s DEV Blog.
Last month, we reported the issue of Outlook blocking emails from the lunaescence.com domain. Please note that this issue prevents Outlook users from receiving email alerts for story updates, reviews and favorites, as well as account recovery emails such as ‘forgot password.’
We estimate that this problem will be officially resolved in 45 Days or less—dependent on troubleshooting and response times from Outlook. When all issues are resolved, we will be sure to inform users via announcements. In the meantime, we advise anyone with a Microsoft-based (outlook.com, msn.com, hotmail.com, live.com, etc.) email address associated with their Lunaescence account to consider temporarily changing the email on their account to one that uses a different domain, such as Gmail, until this problem is resolved. You can change the email associated with your account by going to "Your Account" and selecting "Edit Personal Information" under "Your Settings."
Regardless of which email provider you use, we recommend whitelisting archive[at]lunaescence.com and moderators[at]lunaescence.com, as these are the addresses the site uses for automated messages and the site Moderators use for user correspondence, respectively.
Encounter a major bug on the Archive? Need help with an issue? Recovering your account or password? As a reminder, the best place to file a bug report on the official bug report thread in the forum. Alternatively, site staff can be reached by email via contacting moderators[at]lunaescence.com. We’re always happy to help.
We’re always excited to see new submissions in the Queue. To help potential submitters, we want to take a moment to remind everyone of two of the Archive’s submission guidelines:
• We do not allow multiple chapters of the same story to be submitted to the Queue at once. A reason for this is that if one chapter is found to have errors, the others will likely have them as well. To prevent writers from having to resubmit multiple chapters if they’re found to have errors, we ask that chapters are only submitted one at a time to the Queue. If you’d like to submit chapters without delay, consider becoming a Validated Author. Criteria for becoming a Validated Author can be found on the corresponding forum thread.
• We do not allow decorative titles. Stories on Lunaescence are ordered alphabetically. Decorative titles impact the way stories are organized on the Archive. Your story title should only contain the name of your story. That means no character pairings, symbols, or unnecessary punctuation. As a bonus tip, the best story titles are kept short and sweet: excessively long titles are not recommended.
It’s a pleasure to serve such a wonderful userbase, and we sincerely thank you for your constant support. We hope you enjoy the rest of your June!