Categories: Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy 10, Naruto, Pirates of the Caribbean, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy Tactics, Yu Yu Hakusho, Final Fantasy 10-2, BeyBlade, Fruits Basket, DNAngel, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Advent Children, Nightmare Before Christmas, Death Note, Danny Phantom, Labyrinth, Final Fantasy 12, Invader Zim, Zoids, Dirge of Cerberus, Musicals, Hairspray, Final Fantasy 4, Twilight Series, The Lost Boys, Martin Mystery
Characters: Reader, Various, You
Description: Ever read a reader insert story where the 'reader' is turned into a complete Mary Sue? Did it ever make you sick to your stomache? Here's your chance to create your own Non Mary Sue reader insert!
The rules are simple.
1. The appearance of the character must ENTIRELY be up to the reader. That means, no names, no looks, the only thing you are allowed to pick and choose is the clothing.
2. They cannot be Mary Sues. The readers are not perfect, obviously, then the reader in the story cannot be either. Give them flaws.
3. For lemons: No PWP. You must have a legit reason for a lemon to take place, and it cannot be stereotypically animalistic, unless the cannon character you are writing for would actually be that way.
4. There cannot be any stories in which the reader has magical ablities or is any cannon character's long lost relative. These are stereotypical, and completely annoying.
5. Grammar must be decent. Chatspeak is not allowed.
6. Romance is not the only genre. You can also have the story be a parody, or a friendship fiction.
7. It goes without saying that it must be a reader insert.
Think you can handle this?
Posted: 09/07/08 | Deadline: None
Categories: Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, CSI: Miami, Pirates of the Caribbean, Fushigi Yugi, Vampire Hunter D, Fullmetal Alchemist, Get Backers, Saiyuki, Fruits Basket, One Piece, Hellsing, Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, Nightmare Before Christmas, Prince of Tennis, Ouran High School Host Club, Riddick Series, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Labyrinth, Great Teacher Onizuka, House, M.D, CSI Series, Legal Drug, Fast and the Furious, Juvenile Orion: Aquarian Age, Sky High
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You
Description: Using the following Disney songs, create a complete one-shot between any characters from the following series. Spelling, capitalization, grammar, and punctuation are a must! Minimum 5-6 pages in Microsoft Word or other word processor.
~Kiss the Girl (The Little Mermaid)
~I Won't Say I'm in Love (Hercules)
~Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Lion King)
~A Whole New World (Aladdin)
~Zero to Hero (Hercules)
~Two Worlds (Tarzan)
~Strangers Like Me (Tarzan)
~Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid)
~Just Around the River Bend (Pocahontas)
~Honor to Us All (Mulan)
~Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (Lilo & Stitch)
~Beauty and the Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
~Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)
Posted: 05/08/09 | Deadline: None
Categories: Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Sherlock Holmes, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Godfather, Bones, Dracula, Alice in Wonderland, The Lost Boys, South Park
Description: Ok so I've been hearing so much about Twilight and their sparkly vampires. Vampires do not sparkle in the sun they spontaneously combust. You can write any type of story as long as one of the characters (vampire or not) says "Vampires do not sparkle, they blow up", and yes you can change it to 'don't'.
I would prefer:
*no reader inserts
*not too long (I only get the internet at the office, and don't want to spend the whole time reading a story with 10,ooo words
*no mixing of the categories (you can have one of the Lost Boys talking about Dracula, but not Cartman talking to Jack Sparrow)
but if you really want to do any of those I will still read it =)
**if you would have Cedric Diggory saying the line I would love you that much more ;]
you can also have stuff from other catagories, those are just the ones I know & prefer, but you're the writer so I won't try to stifle your creativity
Posted: 06/03/10 | Deadline: None