Categories: Anime & Manga, Books, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV, Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead II, Zombieland, High School of the Dead, The Walking Dead
Characters: Original Character(s), Reader, Various
Description: These are the top 20 useful items for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse in no particular order. It is up to you to decide if you want to make each one as the topic of a drabble or a ficlet. Or you can write a one-shot that contains the 20 items somewhere mentioned or used in it. Just make sure that your one-shot has a beginning, a middle and an ending if you do decide to write one.
1. CB radio (or Two-way ear piece radios)
2. Lightweight Soft Case First Aid Kit
3. Epinephrine (or Red Bull...you'll need something to give you a boost of enegry)
4. Hatchet (or a Titanium Crowbar or a Machete)
5. Automatic Crossbow
6. Shotgun (semi-automatic shotgun, preferably a tactical one with plenty of ammo)
7. Canned food/Multi-vitamins (or Astronaut food or Trail rations or MRE)
8. Portable Water Purifier (or Purification tablets)
9. Riot Gear (or Leather/kevlar clothing...zombies will have a tough time biting through)
10. Swiss Army Knife (Very handy like opening canned foods...etc.)
11. Night Vision Biocular (Day Binocular too)
12. Res≠pi≠rator mask (Optional, only if the virus is airborne)
13. Life Gear Survival Backpack (Bug Out Bag to keep everything in it)
14. Handgun (.22 pistol with .22 ammo or any other kind)
15. Monster Truck (or Jeep with hardtop or Toyota FJ Cruiser 4wd or Hummer H2)
16. Zippo Lighter (or Flint-strike or Waterproof matches for heating up food and keeping warm)
17. Shake and Charge Flashlight (make sure to have a battery powered one if your in a dangerous area that requires no noise at all...or at least charge the flashlight before entering such a area. Or get a hand cranked flashlight/radio or a solar charge flashlight)
18. Playing cards (Optional, but it will provide some entertainment and keep you sane)
19. Laminated Map with a compass
20. Small bowl/plate with utensils and Toiletries (and hand sanitizers...to keep hands clean when eating and when you gotta use the loo)
It'll be up to you to decide if these items are useful in a zombie infected world. So even if theses are listed as the top twenty items for surviving a zombie apocalypse that doesn't mean that they will be that handy. And it also doesn't mean that a survivor would be prepare and already have access to all these items unless they are a zombie nerd. But either way they might at some point run across it and/or raid places to find them.
An example of how some items might now be useful is: Monster Truck. It's hard to find these and even if someone was able to stumble upon one, they would need to consider their height. If a person at 5-foot-zero can't reach the gas pedal on a normal car than that would also apply to a Monster Truck too.
Sooo, feel free to add some humor too! Such as if one of the characters found one/made it their mission to find one and it was all for nothing when they figured out they can't even drive it (you can use this idea as well). Lastly, use this challenge for any category you want to write about (it does not even have to be any that I listed either) and any character(s) you want. Have fun!
Note: This is open for any fandom/category! Even those that have no zombie apocalypse happening in them already.
Posted: 08/07/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Inu Yasha, Yu-Gi-Oh, Harry Potter, X-Men, Kingdom Hearts, Smallville, Shaman King, Naruto, Dragon Ball Series, Final Fantasy 7, Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, Teen Titans, Fullmetal Alchemist, Get Backers, BeyBlade, Digimon, Hunter X Hunter, Saiyuki, Fruits Basket, DNAngel, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, One Piece, Bleach, Hellsing, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Death Note, Prince of Tennis, Ouran High School Host Club, Harvest Moon, Pokemon, D.Gray-Man, Silent Hill, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Soul Eater, Rave Master, Sky High, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead II, Zombieland, The Walking Dead
Characters: Other, Reader, Various
Description: In the spirit of Halloween (also known as All Hallows' Eve) you are to write a spooky tale about someone or a group of people that are trick or treating (though they don't necessarily have to be trick or treating...they could be going to a party or doing something else for Halloween) and they become the victim(s) of a trick rather than a treat - such a prank, a visit to the wrong house, or assorted things that go bump in the night and so on. And one way or another something goes wrong, terrifying wrong.
You can do anything to this, like have a bit of romance in it or humor, mystery, suspense, action or all of that in it. Even have OC(s), Reader-insert or only canon characters. As long as it's Halloween theme and is somewhat scary it is great. And just have fun with it! This goes for any category/fandom. I would love to see more Halloween theme stories...or at least some Horror stories inspired from the Halloween spirit.
Posted: 08/21/10 | Deadline: None