Yay! The Site is Back! Now What?
Posted by Kerrigan Sheehan
01/17/12 - 09:57PM
I know that a lot of people have really missed the site in the month or so it's been down. I know I have several thousand words to post myself. The mods have missed you too. Seriously, with no queue, we don't know who to send yes and no letters to. (Landlords don't like it when you point out that they used the wrong homophone in their Christmas letter.) But I'm sure you're all eager to get posting, so I'll try to keep this brief, or as brief as someone who tends to write terribly long novels can make it.
1. Featured Stories. As DG mentioned on the forums, by mod consensus, or the consensus of the mods she could reach immediately at the time, there are no featured stories in this announcement. Suggestions for the theme "Best of 2011" can be submitted on the forums until the end of January and will be featured in February's announcments. The links are in the post below this one, but in case you don't feel like scrolling, the submission thread is here.
2. Queue Delays As some of you might have guessed, it could take a bit longer than normal to get things through the queue right now. This is because the site has been down for about a month, including a few major holidays, and that means that a lot of people probably have massive amounts of things to post. (As always, the one chapter at a time rule applies to unvalidated authors.) Please be patient. The queue is bound to get very long, and it could take up to about a month to return to its normal length.
3. Valentine Fic Trade. I am running a Valentine fic trade. The signup thread is here. I'm leaving it up to the majority of participants as to whether this will be an anon round or an open round.
Let the chapterdumping begin! (Seriously, what else is everybody going to do while Cheezburger Network and Wikipedia are blacked out to protest PIPA/SOPA?)
Edit by Kerrigan Sheehan: A couple of users have reported bugs since the site came back online, so there are a couple additions to the announcements. Please read them.
4. Categories. A few categories were reported as showing up in the archive but not in the dropdown list. If you run across a category that doesn't show up in the dropdown, let a mod know about it or post it in the forums in the category request thread or bug report thread so it can be fixed. Thank you, DestinedXDreams, for reporting this.
5. Story Ratings. It seems that a small number of stories have had their ratings reverted to "All" recently. Please check through the list of stories on your profile and fix any ratings that need fixing. If you find something in the archive that seems to be rated "All" when it shouldn't be, either contact the author directly and ask them to fix it or contact a mod so we can do this for them. Thank you, Zesty, for bringing this to my attention.