Opening Moderator Applications!
Posted by dark_wing19
04/17/14 - 10:42PM
Hello you wonderful members of the Lunaescence Archives!
Got some spare time? Ever wish you could be a bigger part of this lovely community? Do you want to be the very best like no one ever was?
All Pokémon jokes aside, we are, as promised, opening up moderator applications! But don’t be fooled! Being a moderator is hard work. We are looking for people that are mature and able to handle member inquiries, able to sort through the queue, have a general understanding of the English language, and are willing to dedicate their time and effort to Lunaescence.
Still interested? Here are the basic requirements:
• You must be a validated author or currently eligible for author validation (at least 5 stories or chapters with at least 5,000 words total, and no denials in the past 60 days) to apply.
• You must also be a member of the site for at least six months and be a minimum of 16 years of age, 18+ preferred.
• Please also consider that you will be asked to read outside of your fandoms and will be asked (within reason) to read content that you may not like, such as lemons, original fiction, and OOC stories.
Think you have what it takes? Then please send us an email at moderators.luna[at]gmail[dot]com with “Moderator Application” as the subject title and include the following information:
• Your Lunaescence username
• Roughly how much time you realistically feel you can dedicate to moderating and when you’re available
• What you think the biggest problems with stories on the site are
• Links to 3 samples of your writing that you feel are your best work
“I really want to help out, but the only times I’m available are during summer and winter. I guess that means I can’t apply...” Having this thought? No worries! You are still more than welcome to apply for a moderator position. Although year round coverage is ideal, we also understand that life gets in the way (we completely understand--really). That’s why we are also offering part-time positions. We just ask that you please state you are only available during those specific times. After all, it never hurts to have a bit more help during the busiest times of the year!
The deadline for applications is May 1st. We ask that you all remain patient and respectful during the moderator process. And as always, we thank you for your cooperation and support.
We hope to hear from those who are interested!