Posted by Penguiduck
04/13/17 - 01:40AM
Hello, hello! Boy, are we glad to see all of you!
We are looking for new moderators to help support Lunaescence! If you feel that Lunaescence has played an important role in your development as a reader, writer, or even as a person, we encourage you to apply. We will be looking for queue moderators, community moderators, and social media moderators.
For our queue moderator positions, we are looking for people that are mature and able to handle member inquiries, able to sort through the queue, have a solid understanding of the English language, and are willing to dedicate their time and effort to Lunaescence. If you are interested, here are the basic requirements for those who are interested in becoming a queue moderator:
- You must be a validated author or currently eligible for author validation (at least 5 stories or chapters with at least 5,000 words total, and no denials in the past 60 days) to apply.
- You must also be a member of the site for at least six months and be a minimum of 16 years of age, 18+ preferred.
- Please also consider that you will be asked to read outside of your fandoms and will be asked (within reason) to read content that you may not like, such as lemons, original fiction, and OOC stories.
Requirements for community moderators are looser, but we do ask that you fulfill the time and age requirements from above. While we will not be screening you for how well you can find, correct, and explain grammatical errors and concepts, you will still need to have solid writing skills to represent the staff in communication with the members of Lunaescence.
For social media moderators, we are specifically looking for applicants who show proficiency in managing various forms of social media. While the focus will be keeping these platforms updated and assisting with communications, we do want social media moderators to be creative and timely in engaging in these relations. As with the community moderator position, we ask that you have solid writing skills for this position as well.
If you are interested, please send us an email at moderators[at]lunaescence[dot]com with "Moderator Application" as the subject title and include the following information:
- Your Lunaescence username
- Whether you're applying as a queue moderator, a community moderator, or a social media moderator (you can apply for a combination of the three as well)
- Roughly how much time you realistically feel you can dedicate to moderating and when you're available -- what responsibilities/commitments do you have that could interfere with being able to regularly help out?
- What you think the biggest problems with stories on the site are and what could be done to address them
- Links to 3 samples of your writing that you feel are your best work (only if you are applying as a queue moderator)
- Do you have social media experience with Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, etc.? Can you provide us any links to personal, organizational, or other accounts for reference? These will not be shared publicly. (only if you are applying as a social media moderator)
- Do you have any experience moderating or working with people within a tightly knit community such as Lunaescence? This can be through online or in real-life interactions (for all positions).
Should your responses meet our requirements, we will be sending you another application for Round Two of this application process. Applications close on April 30, 2017.
Best of luck, fellow Lunatics!