What is a fic trade?
Close your eyes. Picture a magical place where you could put out an idea for a fic, and a wonderful stranger over the internet would write it for you. Okay, now open your eyes. You are at that place right now! Good on you! This is basically a gift exchange but with fics. Remember, to get one, you must write one.
What is this round's overarching theme?
The gift giving spirit! It’s a holiday fictrade!
More Answers To Questions!!
Who can participate?
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. Usually, those who failed to finish a fic trade are banned from participating in the next one… buuuut, since it’s been AGES since the last one, everyone can participate! HOWEVER, should you fail to fulfill your assignment in this round, you will be barred from the next round. WE DO KEEP TRACK.
Can unvalidated authors participate?
Absolutely! Unvalidated authors are more than welcome. If you have recently had stories denied from the queue for mechanical issues, we highly recommend that you use a beta reader for the trade.
Registration and Posting Thread?
Posting doesn't start until a few days after registration ends, so the posting thread will be posted at that time.
What is a prompt?
Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, just ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even a song, video, or image. In this trade, they're given for you.
Max Rating? Length?
Max Rating: Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.
Length: This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words. (Please don't pick all 10 000+. It's not very considerate, especially for newer writers who may not have written something that long before.)
Fandom? Pairing? What if I want to make that the writer's choice?
• If you want to leave the fandom up to the writer, that's perfectly alright. Just write "Any" under fandom.
• If you want to provide a fandom list for the author to choose from, put "See List" under fandom and put a list somewhere in your application.
• If you want an original fiction story, state "Original Fiction" under fandom.
Since you can't specify a pairing without specifying a fandom, you have the following options if you choose to leave the fandom open:
• "Canon/Canon," "Canon/OC," "Canon/Reader," "Any," or "None."
• If you want to leave the pairing up to the writer but are uncomfortable with OOC pairings or homosexual pairings, please make a note of that, as in "no shonen-ai" or "no OOC" or something like that.
• Even if you do specify a fandom, you can always choose not to specify a pairing or to request a story with no specific pairing.
• You can also, of course, request a story about one specific character with no specified pairing. For example, you could put "just write about John" under "Pairing" or you could switch it to "Character: John."
Basically... just customize the application as needed.
What is a Spare?
A spare is someone who is willing to take a second prompt, if necessary. This only happens if someone drops out of the trade or doesn't turn in their fic on time. Spares are free to ignore the requested length, but not the maximum rating.
Who is organizing it?
The moderator in charge of this current round is Shade. She will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on November 30th. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to us privately, however, it is highly recommended that you shoot Shade an email at: shade(at)lunaescence(dot)com
Holiday 2018 Fic Trade Timeline:
November 1st - Registration opens.
November 30th – Registration closes.
December 3rd - By this date, you should have received your recipient.
December 18th - All fics under 5,000 words due.
December 19th- IF NEEDED, Spares will be given their prompts
January 5th - All fics over 5k due.
This is an extended timeline from past fictrades! HOPEFULLY, that means that nobody will need an extension. However, should you need one, please let Shade know!